Because it’s not bruschetta without tomatoes! These would also make a great side dish. They were sweet and juicy, not at all tart.
Baked Tomatoes- Bruschetta Topping
- 6 salad tomatoes
- A glug of olive oil
- A glug of white wine vinegar
- A sprinkling of garlic granules
- A sprinkling of black pepper
- Preheat the oven 'til it's nice and hot- I used gas mark 8.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place in an ovenproof dish. Add the oil, vinegar and spices, and mix well.
- Cook for around 45 minutes in the bottom of the oven, until the skin is bubbled and juices are collecting in the dish.