Classic student food – but great for when you’re low on time, or cash, and don’t want to sacrifice taste. Or for when your fridge is broken … Seriously, if you’ve never made your own sauce, make this one.
20 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 can tuna in spring water
- 1 large, value-type can of sweetcorn
- 6oz dried fusilli
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 heaped tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Boil the kettle, and set the pasta to boil.
- Place the cans and spices in a frying pan and stir well. If you don't have the spices listed, just use cajun or creole seasoning.
- Cook until the pasta is tender. Ensure you stir both the sauce and the pasta every so often. Turn them down if they boil too vigorously.
- Drain the pasta well, and add it to the sauce pan. Stir it in without switching off the heat, to thicken up the sauce.
- Devour, with plenty of cheese, if your fridge works.